Strathcona is an area we love. It is a multicultural neighbourhood and home to one of Vancouver’s oldest residential area. Within Strathcona there is much industry and business which is still fuelled by the railway and port, but there is also so much new industry in this area. The Strathcona Business Improvement Association is a very proactive organization that works with the community to develop this area and promote the businesses within it. This June, they invite you to check out what is actually made in Strathcona in the Meet the Makers Expo. You will get a chance to see some unique, innovative and delicious businesses through demonstrations, panel discussions, networking and yes tastings. The event will feature restaurants, breweries and cafes including A.G.R.O. Roasters and Yolk’s Breakfast to name but two. On June 13th, you are invited to come down to the MakerLabs at 780 East Cordova Street from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm to meet the makers behind the businesses in Strathcona. This is a free event open to the public. In order to ear mark your free ticket, visit Eventbrite.
- Art For Meditation and Mindful Living By East Van Artist Carolyn Trotter
- The Wood Shop – More DIY Workshops This Spring
- Call For Artists By Shiny Fuzzy Muddy Show For December 2017
- All Roads Lead To East Van T-Shirt – Fundraiser For A Little East Van School
- The Bridal Swap Is Happening At The Croatian Cultural Centre Sunday April 2, 2017
- RT @vanmag_com: Review: Daisy Theatre a delightful, raunchy romp through the perverse world of puppets. ow.ly/1TKP30aeTo1 https://t.c… 56 minutes ago
- Looking For A Bite, Beer Or Afternoon Cocktail? Check Out Some Of The Places We ♥ in East Van iliveineastvan.com/places-we-love… 7 hours ago