The Gourmet Warehouse has another great line up of cooking classes for 2017. These classes are a great way to spend an afternoon and meet some like-minded food lovers. We recently did just that with a class led by Caren McSherry featuring holiday appetizers. Not only do you get to taste everything you make, but you leave with amazing recipes and great tips from an expert. Personally, we like the shopping after the cooking class as participants are offered a 10% discount for purchases made the day of your class. We have set out below some of the upcoming classes that caught our eye. For a full line up of all the classes Gourmet Warehouse is offering visit Cooking Classes.
PHO-Fabulous – Thursday, March 23rd 6:00 pm ($65)
You are invited to join Chef Thompson Tran to learn the essential techniques for making authentic Pho (PH-UH) broth. In this cool weather, there is nothing like an aromatic bowl of Pho to warm you up. The menu Chef Tran has lined up for this class includes:
• GOI DU-DU VA THIT HEO THOM, Green papaya and cabbage salad prawn and pork
• PHO BO DAC BIET, Authentic South Vietnamese Pho
• BANH LOT, a Chestnut Jelly in Ginger Syrup
Asian Bistro – Saturday, March 25th 11:00 am ($65) SOLD OUT
Chef Cindy Low teaches you how to make casual Asian food. Best of all, easy and fast dishes including potstickers, bao (filled steamed buns), Asian sticky chicken and a fav among many we know spicy green beans finished off with mango coconut ice cream.
• Potstickers – Class pork and vegetable dumpling, pan-friend with dipping sauce
• Asian turkey ragu bao – Asian Sloppy Joes in steamed buns
• Indodesian sticky chicken
• Szechuan spicy green beans wok fried with garlic and chili
• Steamed rice
• Mango coconut yogurt ice cream
Sunday Supper: France – Saturday April 8th 11:00 am ($69)
If you want to invite the family or friends for Sunday Supper with a French twist, Chef Cindy Low will teach you the ins and outs of putting on a casually elegant French dinner. Chef Low will teach you how to make a classic lamb stew, an easy spinach and strawberry salad, cherry clafouti and more. Menu for this upcoming class includes:
• Tartine with saute mushrooms in a creamy tarragon sauce
• Spinach salad with fresh strawberries, toasted almonds, raspberry vinaigrette
• Lamb navarin printainere – class lamb stew with spring vegetables
• Roast potatoes with rosemary and sea salt
• Cherry clafouti – baked custard with cherries
If you are interested in any of these cooking classes, be sure to register early to avoid disappointment. If you are unable to attend for any reason, refunds are not offered, but you can send someone in your place. Bon Appetit.